The society is offering the opportunity to drive our diesel and steam locomotives.
Taking part offers the opportunity to learn and experience our miniature version of a railway. This railway is used to carry passengers at such shows as the Bath and West Country Festival. The track is fully signalled imitating a standard gauge, passenger hauling railway. This offers the participant the opportunity to fully experience all aspects of driving a train.
Come and meet our enthusiastic and knowledgeable team who will do their best to give everyone a great day out. Family rides are free.
Numbers of drivers are limited to just three each session.
Timetable, starting at 09:30
- Meet and greet
- Safety briefing and some necessary paperwork
- Tour of the workshop
- Walking the line to identify features and look for hazards
- Preparation of engines and identification of controls
- Debrief and certificates and refreshments
The price is only £45 and includes membership of the society for the remainder of the year.
The society does its utmost for the safety of its guests and insists:
- Drivers must be 16 yrs old or over
- Participants must follow the instructions of the Club Driver
- Strong boots and old clothes are recommended - safety glasses and gloves will be provided.
- The society reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event for safety reasons
Dates in 2021
More dates will be added soon! Just three places available for each date.
July 17th 2021 at 9.30am
July 24th 2021 at 9.30am
We regret that it is not possible for guests with disabilities to participate in driving, where this prevents them from operating our locos safely.