ESSMEE welcomes members of the public with their own locomotives or traction engines. In the first instance, please contact us by email. For safety and legal reasons the following conditions apply:
- Your locomotive must be in sound working condition.
- Steam locomotives must have a current applicable boiler safety certificate.
- We need to know the weight of your locomotive for handling purposes.
- You must know how to operate the locomotive you are bringing and know how to recognise the signals at the club.
- You must have 3rd party public liability insurance. Additionally, you must sign in as a guest to be covered by the society's insurance.
- Drivers under 16 will not be allowed to run on public running days.